Welcome to the American Academy of Pediatrics Breastfeeding Initiatives Web site!
The AAP is here to help you with breastfeeding whether you are a parent, professional, advocate for breastfeeding — or all 3. Advocating for children through the protection, promotion, and support of breastfeeding is a high priority for the AAP. On this site, you will find information for families about our breastfeeding recommendations, advocacy materials, and resources for health professionals who want to learn more about the importance of their role in supporting breastfeeding families.
Section on Breastfeeding Members and Chapter Breastfeeding Coordinators will also find many valuable resources on this site. Simply log in to the AAP Member Center to view the pages we have created especially for you. Not a member of the Section on Breastfeeding yet?
- 2012 AAP Resolution - Divesting from Formula Marketing in Pediatric Care*
* Resolutions submitted at the Annual Leadership Forum are considered by the AAP Board of Directors, but are advisory and not binding.
- AAP reaffirms new breastfeeding guidelines - 2012 Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk Policy Statement
- 2012 Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk
- Breastfeeding Equipment to be Allowed as Medical Tax Deduction and Reimbursed by Flexible Health Spending Accounts
- USBC Letter to Congress – $15M in Prevention and Public Health Funds for Breastfeeding Promotion Efforts
- Surgeon General releases "Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding"
Obesity Prevention and Breastfeeding Resources
Please send any questions or comments about this site to email@example.com. Thank you for visiting!