Breastfeeding Residency Curriculum
||PRACTICE BASED LEARNING AND IMPROVEMENT:
Residents will educate themselves, medical students, and others regarding breastfeeding.
- Participate in the development of educational materials on breastfeeding.
- Deliver a presentation of the 2-3 most common reasons given by mothers for discontinuing
breastfeeding within the first month, and strategies for minimizing these outcomes:
Portions of the Management of Common Breastfeeding Situations Presentation can be used for this lecture.
- Insufficient milk production
- Problems with attachment (milk transfer and latch)
- Lack of maternal confidence
Teaching evaluation of lecture given.
- Choose 1 piece of breastfeeding educational material that is provided by the hospital
or clinic for the patient population. Critically evaluate the material for cultural
competency and accuracy and provide suggested revisions, if necessary.
Grade the quality of the revisions to the educational material evaluated by the