COMMUNITY-PEDIATRIC PARTNERSHIPS FOR CHILD WELL-BEING GRANTS
The Community-Pediatric Partnerships for Child Well-being grants support 3 projects that partner pediatric residency programs with community organizations to implement population health approaches for addressing toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences (ACEs).
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC: Elizabeth Miller, MD, PhD, FAAP; Jennifer Wolford, DO, MPH, FAAP and Christian Pulcini, MD
Project Title: Trauma-informed Care for Young Parents
- Hurley Children's Hospital/Michigan State University: Mona Hanna-Attisha, MD, MPH, FAAP; Lauren O’Connell, MD, MS, FAAP and Gwendolyn Reyes, MD
Project Title: Positive Parenting Principles for Pediatricians and Early Childhood Teachers: A Paired Systems-Level Approach to Promoting Resilience
||This grant is made possible through the generous
support of the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation.
LEONARD P ROME CATCH VISITING PROFESSORSHIPS
The purpose of the Leonard P Rome CATCH Visiting Professorship Program is to promote advocacy for children and advance the field of community pediatrics.
- Our Lady of the Lake: Roberta Carona Vicari, MD, FAAP & Courtney James, MD
Title: A Community Crisis: Adverse Childhood Experiences
VP: Robert F. Anda, MD, MS
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland: Rachel Gilgoff, MD, FAAP & Gena Lewis, MD, FAAP
Title: Pediatric Residency Curriculum Development, Leadership Program and Community Collaboration to Address Adverse Childhood Experiences and Toxic Stress
VP: Rebecca Levenson, MA
- University of Alabama: Jaime D. McKinney, MD, FAAP
Title: Poverty Status, Education, and Health Equity in Children and Adolescents
VP: Veda Johnson, MD, FAAP
- University of Arkansas: Bryan Burke, MD, FAAP & Sherry Courtney, MD, FAAP
Title: Poverty, Preterm Birth and Advocacy
VP: Shetal I. Shah, MD, FAAP
- University of California San Francisco: Amy Whittle, MD, FAAP & Susanne Martin-Herz, MD, FAAP
Title: Accessing Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services for California’s Children on the Autism Spectrum: From the Capital to the Community
VP: Louis Vismara, MD
ADVOCACY TRAINING GRANTS
The Advocacy Training Grants support 4 pediatric faculty-resident pairs to attend the annual AAP Legislative Conference. Following the conference, pairs will collaborate with their AAP chapters to implement educational activities on child advocacy.
- Michigan Chapter: Shaili Rajput, MD, MPH, & Margeaux Reizian, MD (University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital)
- New York Chapter 3: Milani Patel, MD & Yonit Lax, MD (The Children's Hospital at Montefiore)
- Ohio Chapter: Sherine Patterson-Rose, MD, MPH & Maria Rahmandar, MD (Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center)
- Oregon Pediatric Society: Ellen Stevenson, MD, MPH & Amanda Burrage, MD, MPH (Oregon Health and Science University)
American Academy of Pediatrics, 141 Northwest Point Blvd., Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007, 847-434-4000|