Is How Todlers Learn
This brochure helps parents understand normal toddler behavior.
Its 2 main goals are to help parents do the following:
Parents can come away appreciating how their toddlers think and not
interpret natural curiosity as purposeful misbehavior.
- Provide a stimulating environment during this period of explosive
- Understand the natural curiosity and exploration of toddlers.
A recurrent theme in Connected Kids is to encourage parents
to take care of themselves and to seek help with raising their children.
This topic is addressed in the section "Child's Play Can Be Hard Work
How to Use This Tool
- Discuss how toddlers explore the world through play. Provide
parents with guidance on the types of toys, like building blocks
and crayons, that encourage play and use the imagination.
- Help parents, particularly those whose children are not in
child care, to identify places where their toddlers can meet
other toddlers, and where they can meet other toddlers'
parents. The brochure mentions public libraries, though other
places may be appropriate in your community.
- This is a good time to check in with parents; ask how they are
doing and how their family relationships are. Check that parents
have some assistance in caring for their child.
- Support the toddler's parents with statements like, "What a delightful
child you have! He is really curious about the world. This is
great to see."
Kids Samples Home
Purchase this brochure
TIPP® and Connected Kids on CD-ROM