Immunization Training Guide
This training guide is designed to assist pediatric office staff in all aspects of
immunizing a practice’s patients. Use this guide to educate and properly train physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants,
office managers, and other office staff.
Topics Included in the Guide
- Financing, Supply, and Ordering
- Storage and Handling of Vaccines
- Communicating With Parents About Vaccines
- Vaccine Administration
- Immunization Information Systems/Registries
- Reminder/Recall Systems
- Quality Improvement
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System
- Vaccine Information Statements
Overview and Instructions
Consider having staff responsible for
various activities read through the most relevant portions of this guide.
reading through the guide, use the text box fields to fill in personal notes, policies,
and state-specific contact information. These notes will be included when the
guide is printed. Any resources or sections of content that you wish to exclude
from your customizable practice procedure manual can be deleted once the guide
has been printed.
- The guide can be saved with any text you type. If you only want to do 1 module at a time, save your work on your personal computer and come back to it later.