Meaningful Use Overview
On Thursday August 23, 2012 the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the final rule of meaningful use stage 2. The stages of meaningful use seek to move from building a foundation for data capturing and sharing to the use of this data to improve health outcomes.
The new rule amends stage 1 and defines new criteria for stage 2 of meaningful use. Stage 2 of meaningful use includes new objectives aimed to improve patient care through clinical decision support, incorporates care coordination and patient engagement, and has a greater emphasis on electronic data exchange.
AAP HIT leadership and staff have reviewed the regulations and have developed a series of resources to help guide pediatricians in complying with the requirements of stage 2 meaningful use.
Meaningful Use Stage 2 Resources
Comparisons of Stage 1 v Stage 2 of Meaningful Use
Medicaid Expansion Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicaid changes to patient volume calculations
- CHIP patients eligible to be included in Medicaid patient volumes
- Base year changes for Medicaid hospital incentive payment calculation
Clinical Quality Measures
- 2011-12 clinical quality measures for eligible professionals
- 2011-12 clinical quality measures for hospitals and critical access hospitals
- 2014 clinical quality measures
- 2014 pediatric recommended core measures