COCIT Get Involved
COCIT is the voice of children and child health providers when it comes to health information technology! In the national initiatives to design electronic health record (EHR) systems and other technology, COCIT provides this voice for pediatrics and we need yours! The bigger COCIT is, the louder our voice is and the more creditable our voice becomes.
Who Can Join COCIT?
All AAP members can join, including Candidate Fellows, Post Residency Training Fellows, and Residents. In addition, COCIT has an affiliate membership category for physicians who are not eligible for Fellowship in the Academy and for non-physicians who are actively involved in the administration and practice of pediatric medicine and are employed by or under the supervision of a Fellow of the AAP.
COCIT Member Benefits!
As a member of COCIT you’ll receive semi-annual issues of cocitnews and access to the Members Only Area of the COCIT web site. You'll be eligible to participate in the COCIT e-mail lists and online discussion boards where members can receive announcements, have ongoing conversations with other members, share experiences, and ask questions. You’ll be aware of new projects to address COCIT’s mission and vision, and you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to these projects as your schedule and interest allows. You’ll also be eligible to run for election to the COCIT's Executive Committee, where you can participate in the development of educational programs, AAP policy, and the review of new technology.
How to Join COCIT
If you are an AAP member, you have 2 ways to join!
- Go to www.aap.org and log in.
- Go to "My AAP" and click on "Committees,Sections & Councils" in the left hand column.
- Click on "Join a Section/Council" in the left hand column.
- Under "Subcategories," click on "Join a Section/Council"
- Under "Fast Track Section & Council Membership," click on the link to the form.
- Select member type, complete the application, select "Clinical Information Technology" and submit.
Join via Phone
- Contact the AAP Division of Member Services at (800) 433-9016, ext 5897