HIMSS13: March 3-7, 2013
The AAP is participating as an organizational sponsor in HIMSS13. HIMSS is a cause-based, not-for-profit organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership for the optimal use of information technology (IT) and management systems for the betterment of healthcare. HIMSS represents nearly 50,000 individual members, of which more than two thirds work in healthcare provider, governmental and not-for-profit organizations The HIMSS 2013 Annual Conference and Exhibition will take place in New Orleans, LA March 3 – 7, 2013. For more information, please visit the HIMSS website or take a look at their conference brochure.
Health Information Technology Webinar Series
Please visit our educational programs page to listen to archived recordings of the webinar series focused on health information technology (HIT) implementation at the national, state, and member practice levels. The series was hosted by the AAP Child Health Informatics Center (CHIC) and Council on Clinical Information Technology (COCIT).
PROS, the practice-based research network of the AAP, invites interested practitionersto join our newly established ePROS project.
- ePROS is the electronic health record “sub-network” of PROS, funded by an ARRA grant in 2010.
- ePROS delivers HIPAA-compliant pediatric primary-care limited data sets for research analysis.
- Goal is to allow seamless data aggregation for practice-based research.
- ePROS studies use electronic data to conduct observational comparative effectiveness research and interventional studies of innovations improve care.
- Currently recruiting practitioners from practices that have been using an EHR system since 2009 (currently limited to twenty vendor systems)
- Initial data extraction studies are on childhood obesity (and associated diagnoses) and on psychotropic medications (and associated diagnoses).
For more information about signing up to participate in this groundbreaking research, please contact the ePROS team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 800/433-9016 ext 4978.
Please e-mail CHIC@aap.org with any questions.