Key Partnerships | Event Photos | Advocacy Tools | Resources
Free Educational Toolkit on Global Immunizations
The AAP has partnered with the Shot@Life campaign to offer free educational toolkits for pediatricians interested in addressing global immunizations in their local practices. Resources include promotional Shot@Life materials for the office (ie, shirts, pens, posters) and educational resources (ie, informational cards for parents/patients and talking points on global immunizations). Sign up for the free toolkit today! Learn more on how to effectively use the toolkit by watching this short video.
If you have signed up to receive a toolkit, we encourage you to watch this 15-minute video describing the materials and how you can effectively advocate for global immunizations in your practice!
The CampaignThe United Nations Foundation’s new Shot@Life campaign focuses on educating, connecting and empowering Americans to champion vaccines as one of the most cost-effective ways to save children’s lives in developing countries. The campaign, which seeks to mobilize the US public, members of Congress, and civil society partners, emphasizes that a child’s life can be saved every 20 seconds by expanding access to vaccines. The United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign aims to decrease vaccine-preventable childhood deaths and give children a shot at a healthy life.
The AAP and Shot@Life
The American Academy of Pediatrics is a founding partner in the Shot@Life campaign. As an active partner, the Academy spreads the message that all kids deserve a shot at life and offers resources to help pediatricians educate patients, parents, and the community on the importance of international vaccine access. The Academy provides accurate technical health information to the campaign and seeks to make sure all children have access to vaccines.
How to Get Involved
- Sign up to receive educational and promotional materials for your practice
- Download the mobile phone application to track and share children's developmental milestones
- Visit the Shot@Life Web site to watch an informative video and learn more about the campaign
- Become a Shot@Life Champion and join the grassroots movement
- Become an AAP Global Immunizations Champion by contacting the AAP
- Talk to parents and patients about the campaign's importance
- Follow Shot@Life on its social media channels and share your stories
For more information and to learn about other ways you can get involved, please contact the AAP Global Immunization Team.