SEPTEMBER IS CHILDHOOD OBESITY AWARENESS MONTH
Week 4: Physical Activity
What is Designed to Move?
Designed to Move (DTM) is a Framework for Action (FFA) developed to coordinate efforts to address and solve what has become a global physical inactivity epidemic. The FFA highlights the powerful base of global research and evidence that substantiates the stated threat to human health and happiness posed by this epidemic. It also provides an authoritative consensus on the actions needed to address this crisis.
Download the Designed to Move Report here.
What does it mean to be a Champion/Advocate of the Framework for Action?
• Share the underlying principles of the document and its objectives.
• Periodically connect with other Framework champions to share progress and plan for future success.
• Play an advocacy role for the issue and speak to the key messages in the Framework for Action.
• Be prepared to validate the underlying principles and strategies in the framework.
• Address questions related to your specific areas of expertise as it pertains to the Framework for Action.
• Utilize the talking points related to key messages in the report.
Walk the Talk
• Embody the calls-to-action within your own organizations.
• Share learnings with the broader group, as appropriate, as principles or strategies from the Framework are adopted.
Related AAP Policy Statements, Publications, and Resources
Related AAP Sections, Committees and Councils
Related Patient and Parent Information