Tobacco Control & Special Populations
Certain populations have specific issues and needs when addressing tobacco prevention and cessation. Many organizations provide tailored tobacco control resources for specific communities. Some of the most frequently requested are listed below by population. To share or request additional resources on a specific community, please email email@example.com.
- National African American Tobacco Education Network
- National African American Tobacco Prevention Network
- Pathways to Freedom: Winning the Fight Against Tobacco
American Indian and Alaskan Native people
- Minnesota Native American Council on Tobacco
- Indigenous Cultural Wellness
- Tribal Smoke-free Policy Toolkit
- Native American Action Plan: Addressing Tobacco Abuse Among Pregnant and PostPartum Women
- South Asian Health: Smoking
- Asian Pacific Partners for Empowerment, Advocacy & Leadership: Tobacco resources available in several Asian languages
- Asian Smokers' Quitline Services available in Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, and Vietnamese.
- Train the Trainer Smoking Cessation Toolkit
- Key Facts About Smoking Among Hispanics
- Facts about Latinos/Hispanics and Secondhand Smoke
- A Hidden Epidemic: Tobacco Use and Mental Illness
- Smoking Cessation Leadership Center: Behavioral Health Resources
- Smoking Cessation for Persons with Mental Illnesses: A Toolkit for Mental Health Providers
- That's It- Time to Quit
- TRICARE smoking cessation program fact sheet
- Quit Tobacco. Make Everyone Proud.
- National Partnership for Smoke-free Families: Clinical Practice Tools
- Smoking Cessation for Pregnancy and Beyond: A Virtual Clinic