Detection and Prevention of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) in Children:
The New SHEA/IDSA Compendium for HAIs
April 24, 2009
David C. Classen, MD, MS
Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, CSC
Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah
Erin R. Stucky, MD, FAAP
Pediatric Hospitalist, Rady Children's Hospital
Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics
University of California
San Diego, California
By the end of this Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Review the problem of Healthcare Associated Infections and the leading types of infections in children.
- Explain the role of the New SHEA/IDSA Compendium in the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Cite the key interventions to prevent healthcare associated infections in children.
You Should Participate if you are a(n):
- General Pediatrician
- Pediatric Sub-specialist
- Family Physician
- Allied Health Professional (PNP, PA, Nurse)
- Administrator (VP Medical Affairs, Risk Manager, Medical Director)
Webinar archives are not approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
* right-click and pick "save as" to save files to your desktop and open in the program of your choice if you experience issues opening MP3 or pdf files.