Racial/Ethnic Disparities and Patient Safety
November 15, 2007
Glenn Flores, MD, FAAP
Professor of Pediatrics and Public Health
Director, Division of General Pediatrics
The Judith and Charles Ginsburg Chair in Pediatrics
UT Southwestern Medical Center and Children's Medical Center
Erin R. Stucky, MD, FAAP
Children's Specialists of San Diego/Rady Children's Hospital
Director of GME, Rady Children's Hospital
Clinical Professor, UCSD Department of Pediatrics
San Diego, California
By the end of this Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss racial/ethnic disparities in pediatric patient safety and summarize priorities and unanswered questions in the field.
- Describe a new conceptual model for understanding racial/ethnic disparities in pediatric patient safety.
- Apply this model to improve patient safety for racial/ethnic minority children.
You Should Participate if you are a(n):
- General Pediatrician
- Pediatric Sub-specialist
- Family Physician
- Allied Health Professional (PNP, PA, Nurse)
- Administrator (VP Medical Affairs, Risk Manager, Medical Director)
Webinar archives are not approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
* right-click and pick "save as" to save files to your desktop and open in the program of your choice if you experience issues opening MP3 or PPT files.