Automatic Surveillance and Pediatric Trigger Tools
June 19, 2008
Jeffrey M. Ferranti, MD, MS
Associate Chief Information Officer
Duke University Health System
Durham, North Carolina
Anne Matlow, MD, FRCPC
Director, Infection Prevention and Control Programme
Medical Director, Patient Safety
The Hospital for Sick Children
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Paul Sharek, MD, MPH, FAAP
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Stanford School of Medicine
Medical Director of Quality Management
Chief Clinical Patient Safety Officer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Palo Alto, California
By the end of this Webinar, participants will be able to:
- List the various methodologies employed to detect adverse events in health care.
- Describe the role of technology in the detection and prevention of adverse events.
- Discuss the epidemiology of adverse events in the pediatric population.
You Should Participate if you are a(n):
- General Pediatrician
- Pediatric Sub-specialist
- Family Physician
- Allied Health Professional (PNP, PA, Nurse)
- Administrator (VP Medical Affairs, Risk Manager, Medical Director)
Webinar archives are not approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
View the Full Webinar Archive »
Download the Slides Only (ppt) » Part 1 (1 MB) Part 2 (15 MB)
(right click on this link and select save target as): Download the Podcast (mp3) (7.7 MB) »
Submit Your Question(s) »
* right-click and pick "save as" to save files to your desktop and open in the program of your choice if you experience issues opening MP3 or PPT files.