Understanding Radiation Risk from Diagnostic Imaging
July 23, 2008
Alan S. Brody, MD, FAAP
Professor of Clinical Radiology and Pediatrics
Division Chief of Thoracic Imaging
Associate Director of Radiology Research, IRC
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Marlene R. Miller, MD, MSc, FAAP
Vice Chair, Quality and Safety Initiatives
Johns Hopkins Children's Center
Vice President, Quality
National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions (NACHRI)
By the end of this Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the radiation risk from CT scanning with patients and families.
- Compare the amount of radiation from different ionizing radiation exposures.
- List methods that should be used to limit radiation exposure from CT scanning.
You Should Participate if you are a(n):
- General Pediatrician
- Pediatric Sub-specialist
- Family Physician
- Allied Health Professional (PNP, PA, Nurse)
- Administrator (VP Medical Affairs, Risk Manager, Medical Director)
Webinar archives are not approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
* right-click and pick "save as" to save files to your desktop and open in the program of your choice if you experience issues opening MP3 or PPT files.