and Your Child
brochures are sold in
packs of 50 brochures.
Anesthesia and Your Child
call toll-free at 888/227-1770, or
order online at the
AAP Book Store.
AAP members may request 1 free
sample copy by contacting
Jennifer Riefe, Section Manager,
Please remember to provide your
This patient-education brochure was developed with input and review by the AAP Section on Anesthesia and Pain Medicine. The two-color, 12-panel brochure provides a clear explanation of what happens before, during and after anesthesia. The brochure answers frequently-asked parental questions in easy-to-understand language.
Preparing for Anesthesia
- What are the risks of anesthesia for my child?
- What do I tell my child about anesthesia?
- What if my child gets sick just before the scheduled time?
The Day of the Procedure
- Can my child eat, drink, or take medicine on the day of anesthesia?
- What will my child do while waiting for anesthesia?
- Will my child be worried?
- How will anesthesia be given to my child? Can I be with my child when anesthesia is started?
After the Procedure
- Where will my child go after the procedure?
- How will my child behave after the procedure?
- Will nausea and vomiting be a problem?
PATIENT EDUCATION BROCHURES—BUY MORE & SAVE
Sold in packs of 50 brochures.
1 Brochure pack, each pack, any title:
Price: $22 Member Price $20
2-9 Brochure packs, each pack, any title:
SAVE 10% Price $19.80 Member Price $18
10-50 Brochure packs, each pack, any title:
SAVE 20% Price: $17.60 Member Price $16
For quantities of 50 or more, or to receive discounted price when ordering combinations of 2 or more different titles, please order by phone: 888-227-1770.