9th Annual Pediatric Ethics Essay Contest
The contest is open to all medical students, trainees, and pediatricians (including pediatric subspecialists and pediatric surgical specialists). Those who are in residency or fellowship, or who have completed training within the last 5 years, are especially encouraged to submit entries. Individuals who currently serve on the AAP Committee on Bioethics or the AAP Section on Bioethics Executive Committee are not eligible to compete in the essay contest.
Who is Eligible:
- Essays should focus on the educational theme of the Section on Bioethics NCE program. In 2014, the section’s focus will be “International Child Health”.
- Essays should be between 800 to 1600 words and 5-10 references. References are not included in the word count. Essays longer than 1700 words will be disqualified without review.
- Essays must be original and unpublished works. Prior oral presentations and published abstracts are acceptable.
- If multiple authors, the award will be shared. All co-authors should provide demographic information (training status, years in practice) and role in manuscript preparation.
- Essays may range in approach from scholarly presentations to personal narratives of ethical dilemmas faced in training or practice.
One award will be offered:
1st Place - $300
DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2014.
Winners will be announced in September. The winning essays will be published in the Section on Bioethics Newsletter and on the Web site. Winners will also be acknowledged at the NCE program.
Please submit essays using the form below. Should you have any questions contact Anjie Emanuel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800/433-9016, ext 4979.
Previous winning essays can be found here.
Participant Information Form: