SOIM Welcomes the Physician Wellness SIG
In response to the ongoing needs for wellness and healing, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) formed a special interest group (SIG) on Physician Wellness. The Physician Wellness SIG addresses the needs of pediatricians for health and well-being. Although the SIG used to be housed within the Section on Administration and Practice Management, it now falls under the structure of the Section on Integrative Medicine (SOIM). The SIG will meet annually as part of the SOIM section program at the AAP National Conference and Exhibition (NCE).
... then, please join us in our efforts!
If you are an AAP member and are interested in:
- Your own emotional, psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being
- The balance between personal and professional needs and responsibilities
- Sustaining the meaning in practicing medicine
- Exploring the core values and beliefs that underlie our roles as healers
- Enhancing your sense of control over your work environment and life choices
- Bringing more well-being into your practice
The Physician Wellness SIG is open to all AAP members. There are no dues and no required attendance. Your interest, input and support are welcome to whatever extent you wish to give them. In return, the SIG offers:
- Regular, but manageable, shared resources via its LISTSERV®
- Online resources related to physician wellness on the AAP Member Center
- Annual meeting and education sessions at the NCE
- Materials on Practice Management Online to be incorporated into the practice setting
For more information, go to the Physician Wellness SIG page on the AAP Member Center or contact the Physician Wellness SIG staff at 847/434-7920.