The AAP Section on Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (SODBP) produces a newsletter twice a year, which is available to all Section Members. Full versions of the newsletter are available online as well as select articles are located in other areas of this Web site based on their topic.
Your comments regarding the newsletter, questions you may have regarding coding issues, other questions, or letters to the editor are all welcome. Please e-mail comments to the Newsletter Editor.
Read the Fall 2013 edition of the Developmental and Behavioral News which includes articles such as, "ADHD in DSM-5: Few Changes in Diagnositc Criteria ", "The DSM-5 Autism Critera: A Social Rather Than Scientific Achievement ", "Reflections on Advocacy Experience ", and much more.
The entire newsletter can be accessed by clicking the link above. All articles can be found individually below:
- Notes from the Chair
- Editor's Note
- ADHD in DSM-5: Few Changes in Diagnostic Criteria
- Transition to DSM-5 Criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorders: Opportunities and
Challenges for Clinicians, Families, Service Systems and Researchers
- The DSM-5 Autism Criteria: A Social Rather Than Scientific Achievement
- Managing Encopresis in the Pediatric Setting
- International Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics:
A Gap Year in India: Observe, Learn, and Grow
- Assistive Technology for Communication Problems
- ASHA Connections: Speech and Language Development and Disorders:
When to Refer The Earlier, the Better
- AAP Department of Federal Affairs Update Psychotropic Medications and Access to Care
- Editor’s Note Advocacy:
A Current Priority of the Section on Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Reflections on Advocacy Experience
- Coding Conundrums
Past Issues (2006- 2013)
You also can read the latest issues of the Society for Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics Newsletter.
See all the advantages of being a section member.
AAP Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
The AAP Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics manual is now available at the AAP Bookstore. Purchase your copy today for the all-new clinical resource for caring for children with developmental and behavioral concerns.
Fall 2013 Newsletter is now available
Read the Fall 2013 edition of the Developmental and Behavioral News which includes articles such as, "ADHD in DSM-5: Few Changes in Diagnositc Criteria ", "The DSM-5 Autism Critera: A Social Rather Than Scientific Achievement ", "Reflections on Advocacy Experience ", and much more. Go to the About Us section for back issues of the newsletter.