Coding and Diagnostic Resources
AAP publishes the Coding for Pediatrics book to assist health care providers in learning more about the various pediatric diagnostic and treatment codes for billing and insurance purposes, which include:
These coding resources are available for AAP members access or through a subscription or purchase.
- AAP Pediatric Coding Newsletter™ helps you maximize payment, save time, and implement best business practices to support quality patient care. The monthly newsletter is available by subscription.
- AAP Pediatric Coding Webinar Series
- Coding fact sheets have been developed on a number of issues, including the Developmental Screening/Testing Coding Fact Sheet for Primary Care Pediatricians. Other issues for which fact sheets are available include anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, and preventive services.
- Coding for Pediatrics 2014—New 19th edition is available
- AAP News publishes a regular column, Coding Corner, in the monthly newsletter that is available online and as print copies for AAP members and other subscribers.
The Section on Development and Behavioral Pediatrics (SODBP) newsletter, Developmental and Behavioral News, includes a regular column on relevant developmental and behavioral coding issues. Learn tips for coding the following developmental and behavioral assessment and treatment issues:
Coding Conundrums: 96110 Revision
Spring 2011 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: ICD-9-CM Codes
Fall 2010 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: Prolonged Service Coding
Spring 2010 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: Payment for 96110-Update from UnitedHealthcare
Spring 2009 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: CPT 96116 – Neurobehavioral Status Exam
Spring 2007 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: Screening and Testing for Autism
Summer 2006 SODBP Newsletter
See all the advantages of being a section member.
AAP Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
The AAP Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics manual is now available at the AAP Bookstore. Purchase your copy today for the all-new clinical resource for caring for children with developmental and behavioral concerns.