Coding and Diagnostic Resources
AAP publishes the Coding for Pediatrics book to assist health care providers in learning more about the various pediatric diagnostic and treatment codes for billing and insurance purposes, which include:
These coding resources are available for AAP members access or through a subscription or purchase.
- AAP Pediatric Coding Newsletter™ helps you maximize payment, save time, and implement best business practices to support quality patient care. The monthly newsletter is available by subscription.
- Developmental and Behavioral Coding Strategies This CME course discusses the coding system from a general pediatrician’s perspective and particularly references the interface with the codes usually used for developmental and behavioral conditions.
- AAP Pediatric Coding Webinar Series
- Coding fact sheets have been developed on a number of issues, including the Developmental Screening/Testing Coding Fact Sheet for Primary Care Pediatricians. Other issues for which fact sheets are available include anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, and preventive services.
- Coding for Pediatrics 2012—New 17th edition is available
- 2012 Pediatric ICD-9-CM Coding Pocket Guide
- AAP News publishes a regular column, Coding Corner, in the monthly newsletter that is available online and as print copies for AAP members and other subscribers.
The Section on Development and Behavioral Pediatrics (SODBP) newsletter, Developmental and Behavioral News, includes a regular column on relevant developmental and behavioral coding issues. Learn tips for coding the following developmental and behavioral assessment and treatment issues:
Coding Conundrums: 96110 Revision
Spring 2011 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: ICD-9-CM Codes
Fall 2010 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: Prolonged Service Coding
Spring 2010 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: Payment for 96110-Update from UnitedHealthcare
Spring 2009 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: CPT 96116 – Neurobehavioral Status Exam
Spring 2007 SODBP Newsletter
Coding Conundrums: Screening and Testing for Autism
Summer 2006 SODBP Newsletter
See all the advantages of being a section member.
AAP Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
The AAP Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics manual is now available at the AAP Bookstore. Purchase your copy today for the all-new clinical resource for caring for children with developmental and behavioral concerns.
Spring 2013 Newsletter is now available
Read the Spring 2013 editions of the Developmental and Behavioral News which includes articles such as, "Caring for the Child with Down Syndrome in the Medical Home", "An Introduction to Treatment Manuals for Behavioral Interventions", "My Journey to Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics", and much more! Go to the About Us section for back issues of the newsletter.
Upcoming certification or maintenance of certification exam or just want to know about developmental and behavioral issues? DB:PREP Course, Wednesday, January 29 - Sunday February 2, 2014, Atlanta, GA