Parent Advisory Group
To be a resource for and promote understanding among Academy members of the important of family-centered care and the roles for families in health care and in health care re-design.
We serve as a pilot initiative to encourage family-professional partnerships in AAP committees, sections, councils, boards, chapters and other groups to improve patient quality and safety, policy development, and facility design and to improve the overall health and well-being of all children.
The PAG will consist of 5 parent professionals with one chairperson. The pilot project is a 3-year project, thus the term for each PAG member will be 3-years with the option of renewal for another 3-year term. The Chair’s term will also be a 3-year term, following a full or partial term as a member of the PAG.
To be considered for membership to the PAG, you must be nominated by a current PAG member or member of the Section on Home Care. You must:
- Complete a PAG membership application for consideration
- Have a child or dependant minor who has or had a special health care need
- Work or volunteer with a national or local organization that works with families with health-care related issues
- Be willing to commit the required time and energy to the PAG for the next 3 years
- PAG members will be required to attend at least 75% of the monthly conference calls and 1 face-to-face meeting per year (face-to-face meeting will depend on funding)