International Community Access to Child Health (ICATCH)
The ICATCH program provides financial and technical support to pediatricians in developing countries who are in the process of developing and implementing a community-based child health initiative.
2013 CALL FOR PROPOSALS IS NOW OPEN!
Applications for ICATCH program are currently accepted! If you are a pediatrician or a child health care worker in a developing country and would like to implement a child health care initiative in your community, this program may be for you! Main points:
- The project must originate from the community in which it will be implemented.
- ICATCH funding is for the establishment of programs with potential for replication in other communities.
- Funding cannot be used for research, though data collection and analysis for the purposes of monitoring and evaluation is encouraged.
- Grants provide financial support with a maximum of $6,000 over a three-year period ($2,000 per year).
- Preliminary Deadline: June 28, 2013 (if you submit by this date your application will be reviewed and you will be provided feedback, so you can resubmit by the final deadline). This deadline is entirely optional, it is not a requirement.
- Final Deadline: August 30, 2013 - no applications will be accepted after this date.
Applicants will be notified about the status of their application in November/December of 2013. The grants will be awarded in January 1, 2014 and last until December 31, 2016.
Past ICATCH Grants
(Listed in Alphabetical order per grant year by Name of Project Director, Country: Program Title)
2013 (January 2013 to December 2015)
- Donkor, Clement, Ghana: Community Malaria Prevention Project
- Ruhl, Laura, Kenya: Improving Access to Health Care for Street Children
- Marshall, Roseda, Liberia: Enhanced Well Child Care for Adolescent Mothers and Infants
- Phiri, Godfrey, Malawi: Teen Support Line, Malawi
- Guitierrez, Gerardo, Nicaragua: Mobile Health Kits for Use in Vulnerable Communities
- Kemigisha, H., Uganda: Tackling Malnutrition Throug Peer Education in Schools
2012 (January 2012 to December 2014)
- Akello-Ayebare, Grace, Uganda: Childhood Epilepsy in N.Uganda Children as Health Workers
- Ariani, MKes, Indonesia: Improving the Understanding & Implementation of IMCI - Urban Community Health Workers
- Economides, Sharon Craig, Afghanistan: Daireyeh Waledin (Circle of Parents)
- Mallewa, Macpherson, Malawi: Training Program for Management of Neurodisabled Malawian Children
- Okafor, Henrietta, Nigeria: Balanced Early Nutrition for Development (BEND)
- Rasul, Choudhury H., Bangladesh: Promotion of Child Health in Primary School
2011 (January 2011 to December 2013)
- Dantil, Ketheline, Haiti: Health Care for Haiti’s Children
- Okoh, Emmanuel, Liberia: Developing a Model Medical Home for Liberian Children
- Otieno, Phelgona, Kenya: Hospital Linkage with Community Child Health in Kisii, Kenya
- Paz, Cecilia, Ecuador: Sonrisa's Children's Oral Health & Nutrition Project
- Perez, Daniel, El Salvador: Improving Healthcare & International Collaboration
- Tam, Tran Thi Hong, Vietnam: Vietnam-First Aid for Childcare Givers & Teachers (VIET-FACTs)
- Zafar, Naeem, Pakistan: Trained Nurses Detect Cases of Child Malnutrition
2010 (January 2010 to December 2012)
- Badoe, Eben, Ghana: Child Protection in Ghana
- Erickson, Charles, Zambia: Zambian Health Evaluation and Education Project
- Nignpense, Ed, Ghana: Strengthening Community Awareness of Pediatric Poisoning in Ghana
- Somwe, Wa, Zambia: Asthma Project
- Yang, Rongwan, China: Dietary Assessment for intake of Vitamin A
- Wan, Chaomin, China: Rural Children with Diarreah: Primary Care
2009 (January 2009 to December 2011)
- Ciomartan, Tatiana, Romania: Safe Baby Project
- Hongyan, Guan, China: Healthy Children-Helathy Community
- Remetić, Mirjana, Bosnia & Herzegovina: Autism Education and Screening
- Tolentino, Sara, Dominican Republic: Improving Child Health in the Community
- Van Wyck, Susan, South Africa: Turn INH Preventive Therapy into Reality
- Vorasane, Banheng, Laos: Good Nutrition
2008 (January 2008 to December 2010)
- Lara Hernandez, Luis, Mexico: ADHD and Mental Health Education
- Locson, Elsie Baronia, Philippines: TB DOTs for Kids
- Matshaba, Mogomotsi, Botswana: HIV/AIDS Education for School Staff
- Reyes, Cisneros, Juan Carlos, El Salvador: Undernourished Children
- Shen, Xiaoming, China: Parent Education for CHild Passenger Safety
- Soemakto, Indonesia: Improve Understanding of GOBI FFF
2007 (January 2007 to December 2009)
- Mustafa, Ghluam, Pakistan: The Helping Hands Project
- Nakakeeto, Margaret, Uganda: The Keyunga Newborn Project
- Ramirez, Isidro, El Salvador: The Community Education Project
- Reyes, Alexis, Philippines: Bagong Baranggay Project