Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellow Applicants
Dear Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellow Applicant:
Welcome to the Fellow Applicant's page on the ONTPD website. This site was created to serve as a home for important information and exchange of ideas among NMP fellows, program directors and others interested in neonatology training. We hope this site will prove useful to you as you learn about Neonatology, the ONTPD, and the Section on Perinatal Pediatrics, and, as you navigate through the application process. In addition to information regarding the application process and timeline, links for information regarding board certification and requirements are included. For individuals looking for fellowship openings after the match, we are encouraging programs to list openings at Neonatology on the Web, which is available at the link "Fellowship Opportunities" on this page.
The Section on Perinatal Pediatrics (SoPPe) sponsors and supports our website, and is also a wonderful resource of information and educational materials about neonatology. We urge you to visit the website often and welcome your suggestions for improvement. We are also happy to have your input into ways that the ONTPD council can assist you, so please do not hesitate to contact any of us.
ONTPD Chair on behalf of the ONTPD Council
Match Date Update
After surveying all Neonatal Program directors, the overwhelming majority of respondents voted to join the Fall Subspecialty match for the next recruitment cycle (Applicants applying to start in July 2015). The current cycle will continue on our established schedule. For the following cycle, applicants will apply in July of their senior year, interviews will occur August through October, with a Match date in the end of November.
- Current timeline of ERAS and NRMP recruitment season
- ERAS Web site
- Letters of Reference for Fellowship Applications
- Cover Letter with instructions for submission to ERAS Fellowships
- NPM Letter of Recommendation (for ERAS applications)
- ERAS FAQ's
- Tips for Using ERAS Software
What You Need to Know About ACGME & ABP
- ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in the Subspecialties of Pediatrics
- ACGME Program Requirements for Fellowship Education in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- General and specific eligibility requirements for ABP certification in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- General Criteria for ABP certification in the Pediatric Subspecialties
- RRC Requirements for Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine (includes general Pediatric Subspecialties requirements)
View Neonatology Fellowship programs in a full screen map