Can a resident or fellowship trainee join other sections/councils in the AAP?
Yes. Of the many AAP sections/councils, there are several sections/councils that now allow residents and fellowship trainees to join. Once you or your program has paid your membership dues, you can then apply for membership in a section(s)/council(s) by logging onto the My AAP, clicking on "Join a Section or Council" under the Committees, Sections & Councils tab and completing the online application. For more information, please contact the Division of Member Services and Relations at 800/433-9016 extension 7869. To see a list of sections/councils that residents and fellowship trainees can join, click here.click here.
How can I join the AAP?
If your residency program does not pay for your membership in the AAP, you can access our online resident membership application. The membership cost for US residents is $95.00. For Canadian residents the cost is $105.00 plus the applicable GST or HST tax. For more information on benefits of membership, please reference the online application.
Fellowship Trainees: Check with your fellowship program director/coordinator to see if they will pay for your membership in the AAP. If they do not, you can submit the fellowship trainee membership application online. The cost for membership is $105.00. Benefits of membership are listed on the online application.
How do I access My AAP ?
You must be a member in good standing to log onto the My AAP. If you are logging on for the first time, use your AAP member ID and your password will be your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY). Then click on "create a password," you will be prompted to assign yourself a new password after your initial login. If you do not know your AAP member ID number, please contact us at email@example.com.
What do I get for my membership dues?
Benefits and Privileges for Resident membership:
- Automatic membership in the AAP Section on Medical Students, Residents and Fellowship Trainees (SOMSRFT)
- Section/Council membership in accordance with bylaws
- Chapter membership in accordance with bylaws and dues
- Serve on National Committees as a non-voting liaison
- Listing in and access to the Online Membership Directory
- Reduced registration fee for the National Conference and Exhibition, a multi-day conference featuring the resident assembly, plenary sessions, workshops, and a technical exhibit area
- Discounts on AAP publications, CME courses, and subscriptions
- AAP News, the official news magazine of the American Academy of Pediatrics, in print and online
- Pediatrics, the official journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, in print and online
- PREP The Curriculum*, includes both the annual PREP Self-Assessment and the renowned monthly review journal Pediatrics in Review*
- AAP Grand Rounds (online access only) timely synopses and critiques of important new studies relevant to pediatric practice, reviewing methodology, significance, and practical impact
- Financial Needs-Based Scholarship Program
- Resident Research Grants
- National Conference and Exhibition Travel Grants
- International Elective Travel Grants
- Anne E. Dyson Child Advocacy Award Program
- The Red Book: Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases (published every three years)
- PediaLink-Resident Center, designed to help you direct, focus, and manage your continuing professional development
- Pediatric Care Online (one-year access card) **
- Resident Report, the biannual newsletter of the Section on Residents
- Online Access to My AAP through the AAP Web site
- AAP BookStore, your source for the best in Pediatrics
- PedJobs, an Internet-based, interactive, secure job search Web site
- ResX.com, Internet booking engine for members to book their own air reservations
* Supported in part by Abbott Nutrition and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
** Supported by Mead Johnson
How do I get answers to questions that aren't listed above?
It's best to contact the AAP Customer Service Center or 866/843-2271.