The American Academy of Pediatrics Resident Scholarship Program is specifically designed to help allay financial difficulties for residents in good academic standing. The Academy grants annually a number of scholarships varying from $1,000 to $5,000. Each applicant will be reviewed carefully and awards will be granted to the most deserving pediatric interns and residents.
QUALIFICATIONS OF APPLICANT:
- Have completed or will have completed an approved internship or have completed a PL-1 year by July 1. A definite commitment for a first year pediatric residency accredited by the Residency Review Committee for Pediatrics is required.
- Be a pediatric resident (categorical or combined) in a training program AND have a definite commitment for another year of residency or chief residency (not fellowship) in a program accredited by the Residency Review Committee for Pediatrics.
- Have a substantial need for financial assistance.
- The resident must have his/her application completed and submitted by the deadline. Applications are due each year in February.
- The resident must follow-up with his/her program director and double check that he/she has submitted the Program Director's Recommendation Form.
Resident scholarship recipients are selected by the Committee on Residency Scholarships at their spring meeting. The selection is based on the assessment of the resident's application and the Program Director's Recommendation Form. The Committee on Residency Scholarships will make recommendations to the AAP Advisory Committee to the Board on Membership for approval at its meeting.
The Resident Scholarship Program is now closed. Please check back in December 2014 for the 2015 application.
Resident recipients will be notified by mail during the month of August and scholarships will be mailed at that time.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL BEFORE AUGUST 31, AS INFORMATION IS CONFIDENTIAL AND CANNOT BE RELEASED BEFORE THAT DATE.
Thank you to Children’s Tylenol for their continued support of this program!