Can a resident or fellowship trainee join other sections/councils in the AAP?
Yes. Of the many AAP sections/councils, there are several sections/councils that now allow residents and fellowship trainees to join. Once you or your program has paid your membership dues, you can then apply for membership in a section(s)/council(s) by logging onto the MyAAP, clicking on "Join a Section or Council" under the Committees, Sections & Councils tab and completing the online application. To see a list of sections/councils that residents and fellowship trainees can join, click here.
How can I join the AAP?
If your residency program does not pay for your membership in the AAP, you can access our online resident membership application. The membership cost for US residents is $108.00. For Canadian residents the cost is $108.00 plus the applicable GST or HST tax. For more information on benefits of membership, please reference the online application.
Fellowship Trainees: Check with your fellowship program director/coordinator to see if they will pay for your membership in the AAP. If they do not, you can submit the fellowship trainee membership application online. The cost for membership is $108.00. Benefits of membership are listed on the online application.
How do I access MyAAP ?
You must be a member in good standing to log onto the MyAAP. If you are logging on for the first time, use your AAP member ID and your password will be your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY). Then click on "create a password," you will be prompted to assign yourself a new password after your initial login. If you do not know your AAP member ID number, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I get for my membership dues?
Benefits and Privileges for Resident membership:
- Automatic membership in the AAP Section on Medical Students, Residents and Fellowship Trainees (SOMSRFT)
- Section/Council membership in accordance with bylaws
- Chapter membership in accordance with bylaws and dues
- Serve on National Committees as a non-voting liaison
- Listing in and access to the Online Membership Directory
- Reduced registration fee for the National Conference and Exhibition, a multi-day conference featuring the resident assembly, plenary sessions, workshops, and a technical exhibit area
- Discounts on AAP publications, CME courses, and subscriptions
- AAP News, the official news magazine of the American Academy of Pediatrics, in print and online
- Pediatrics, the official journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, in print and online
- PREP® Self-Assessment, offers a complete pediatric review, and covers the vast majority of American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) content specifications
- Pediatrics in Review® is a peer-reviewed monthly review journal of concise, evidence-informed summaries and provocative articles mapped to ABP content specifications
- AAP Grand Rounds (online access only) timely synopses and critiques of important new studies relevant to pediatric practice, reviewing methodology, significance, and practical impact
- Financial Needs-Based Scholarship Program
- Resident Research Grants
- National Conference and Exhibition Travel Grants
- International Elective Travel Grants
- Anne E. Dyson Child Advocacy Award Program
- Red Book online
- PediaLink-Resident Center/Fellowship Center, designed to help you direct, focus, and manage your continuing professional development
- Pediatric Care Online (one-year access card) *
- News and Views , the biannual newsletter of the Section
- Online Access to MyAAP through the AAP Web site
- AAP BookStore, your source for the best resources in pediatrics
- PedJobs, an Internet-based, interactive, secure job search Web site
* Supported by Mead Johnson
Additional PREP® Self-Assessment information:
Enjoy PREP® - Lifelong Learning Online - Sponsored for You by the AAP!
In order to support our valued resident members, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the Academy is proud to sponsor an online subscription to PREP® The Curriculum (a $428 value) throughout residency. It’s recognized by thousands of pediatricians as one of the most effective study tools for lifelong learning.
For over 35 years, PREP The Curriculum has helped physicians make the most of their time with a user-friendly program featuring in-depth self-assessment and peer-reviewed content. It offers complete pediatric review, and covers the vast majority of American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) content specifications.
Quick Start Guide -
Here’s How AAP Resident Members Can Access Their PREP Subscription Online:
PREP® Self-Assessment has been carefully designed and edited by experts to provide the highest quality content in an enjoyable format. You will receive the very best in education with hundreds of relevant case-based questions available mid-January 2015.
- Log on to http://PediaLink.org and Quick Launch your PREP Self-Assessment activity.
- Confirm that the Learning Mode button is selected.
- Start the Assessment or Continue where you left off.
Pediatrics in Review® is a peer-reviewed monthly review journal of concise, evidence-informed summaries and provocative articles mapped to ABP content specifications.
How do I get answers to questions that aren't listed above?
It's best to contact the AAP Customer Service Center or 866/843-2271.